5 Day Makeup Challenge - Day 1
Day 1 - The Eyes
- The first product I applied to my face was 'Softening Lotion'. I used this to soften and smooth my dry skin and provide the first layer of moisture and hydration
- Next I massaged some 'Complete Comfort Cream' into my skin. This highly creamy formula, provides instant hydration and moisture to the skin and will help ensure an even application of foundation.
- The next product I used was 'Prep + Prime Skin' primer. This ultra-fluid lotion acts as a second skin protecting my skincare and helping my foundation stay in place all day. It works to blot away excess oils produced by the skin, even out redness, and helps guaranty an even application of foundation and/or powder.
- I then used 'Prolongwear foundation' to create a long-wearing and, natural-matte finish.
- I contoured my cheeks quite heavily with 'Harmony' powder blush.
- I used 'Silver Dusk' iridescent loose powder to highlight the tops of my cheek bones and cupid's bow.
- I wanted to have no colour on my lids and keep it quite natural as the liner is so intense. I used 'Painterly' paint pot on my eyelid to even out the tone and provide a matte finish. I then buffed that out to my eyebrows.
- Next using a very small and pointed brush, I used 'Blacktracks - Fluidline' gel liner to draw on the liner on the top and bottom lash line.
- To create voluminous and long curled lashed I applied a few coats of 'In Extreme Dimension 3D Black' Mascara.
- Because the eyes were so intense, I decided to keep the eyebrows quite natural. I just combed through some clear brow gel to make sure all the brow hairs were in place.
- I lined my lips with 'Boldly Bare' lip pencil and filled them in top and bottom.
- I then applied 'Japanese Maple' lipstick.
- To create a full glossy lip, I used 'Angel' tinted lipglass, over the lipstick.
- All products by M.A.C