5 Day Makeup Challenge - Day 2
Day 2 - The Lips
- The first product I applied to my face was 'Softening Lotion'. I used this to soften and smooth my dry skin and provide the first layer of moisture and hydration
- Next I massaged some 'Complete Comfort Cream' into my skin. This highly creamy formula, provides instant hydration and moisture to the skin and will help ensure an even application of foundation.
- The next product I used was 'Prep + Prime Skin' primer. This ultra-fluid lotion acts as a second skin protecting my skincare and helping my foundation stay in place all day. It works to blot away excess oils produced by the skin, even out redness, and helps guaranty an even application of foundation and/or powder.
- I wanted a flawless matte finish for this look, so the foundation i used was 'Studio Finish Fluid'. This is a full coverage and matte foundation.
- To cover up the dark circles under my eyes and to mask any blemishes or imperfections on my skin, I used 'Studio Finish Concealer'. I buffed this lightly onto the surface of my skin.
- I used a combination of 'Radiant Rose' and 'Light Boost' highlighting pens to highlight under my eyes, the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and my cupid's bow.
- I contoured my cheeks using 'Refined Golden' bronzing powder and added some warmth to the apples of my cheeks using 'Melba' powder blush.
- To even out the skin tone, and matterfy my eyelid, I applied 'Lay'n Low' paint pot all over my lid, and blended out to my eyebrow.
- I slightly contoured my socket using 'Omega' eyeshadow
- I then applied a very thin line to my top lash line using 'Blacktracks - Fluidline' gel liner and a very thin, pointed brush.
- To create voluminous and long curled lashed I applied a few coats of 'In Extreme Dimension 3D Black' Mascara.
- On my brows i used 'Fling' eyebrow pencil just to fill in any sparse areas, and keeping my natural full shape.
- I then brushed over with some clear brow gel, to set the brow hairs and stop them from moving.
- I started out by applying a good coating of 'Prep + Prime Lip', which is an amazing lip primer that i swear by. I applied this all over my lips and just over my lip line too. This primer helps the lip pencil and lipstick stay in place and prevents it from bleeding out onto the skin.
- I then outlined my lips with 'Kiss Me Quick" lip pencil and filled in my whole lip, top and bottom.
- Over the top of the pencil, I applied 'Viva Glam Rihanna' lipstick, using a lip brush for a more accurate and even application.
- To create the ombre look where the lips look darker in the outer corners of my mouth, I used 'Nightmoth' lip pencil. I applied that straight to my lip in the corners, and then using a clean lip brush I blended that out into the lip. I softened the edges with a bit more of the lipstick i used in the previous step.
- All by M.A.C